[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Command facade API

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 05:20:02 EST 2008

Hi!

Actually we developed a typed facade to jBPM in a former project as EJB3-SessionBean. The problem is, like Tom described, that you end up with too much methods/operations, so this facade got quite unhandy! After introducing the commands, I committed the code from that SessionBean to the Commands, and I like the code more now. Better structured, overwriting of commands possible, sending commands as JMS message possible... And in our Swing-Client-Framework we can easily use the Commands, and I think the most people build some kind of "infrastructure"-code around jBPM, so the untyped command is not the biggest problem...

But what I would vote for is that the CommandExecutor returns the Command object itself as result. Then you could include the return as attribute in the Command. The CommandExecutor can garantee to return the same Command-Class as given to him. So there is one ClassCast which cannot fail. And all the rest is typed...

There was a discussion on that in this forum: http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=106234

Cheers
Bernd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132767#4132767