[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Domain resolve algorithm

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 29 09:18:25 EST 2008

What's the status of this:
 - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMICROCONT-182

  |    protected Object resolve(Controller controller, Module module, Requirement requirement)
  |    {
  |       // TODO JBMICROCONT-182 include parent domains in requirements
  |       // TODO JBMICROCONT-182 check consistency of re-exports
  |       // TODO JBMICROCONT-182 check for self-dependency
  |       // TODO JBMICROCONT-182 test circularity

I'm just asking, since after reading this
 - http://www.osgi.org/blog/2008/02/research-challenges-for-osgi.html
I started thinking about the challenge
 - http://post-office.corp.redhat.com/mailman/private/jboss-osgi-dev-list/2008-February/msg00000.html
in more mathematical fashion, providing some concrete proof for the actual algorithm used, time usage wise. It boils down to graph theory, and finding some known problem to 'map' this usage to it.

A quick thought.
How does re-wiring stand against the actual ClassLoader usage.
e.g. we already have wired bundles, and we want to add a new one. But with the current wiring that is not possible (possibly some 'uses' constraints in the way), but if we re-wire things, we might be able to wire the new bundle as well.
I guess that means uninstalling current deployments, and installing them back on after we 'discovered' that there is a wire configuration that makes everyone happy. :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133233#4133233

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133233