[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: Controlling deployments via a barrier bean

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 06:09:10 EDT 2008

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote :
  | I need to better understand what Scott's driving at with the discussion of DESCRIBE, DESCRIBE_CLUSTERED, DESCRIBE_SINGLETON and how that solves the issue where we "(r)eally we don't want the unelected singleton beans to be exposed as available for installation as runtime components."

I'm saying that's the wrong approach. What's required (for the first iteration) is being
able to activate/deactivate a sub-profile.
That's what your singleton activation policy does (the contract).

The implementation of scanning to determine what's in that profile
is specific to the current profile implementation.
Another possible implementation is to pull that profile from some reference repository
(which may or may not be clustered).

The definition and implementation of the sub-profile is an orthogonal issue to how
and when it gets activated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155618#4155618

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155618