[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Re: Shared Parent POM for dependencyManagement

dimitris@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 18 13:12:40 EDT 2008

"pgier" wrote : Yes, normally this would work and the explicit dependency would win.  The problem in some of our dependency trees has to do with artifacts that changed their name.  So maven doesn't know that these two are really different versions of the same thing.

  | AS --> ejb3 --> jboss-logging-jdk
  | AS --> jboss-common-logging-jdk
  |
  | The transitive one might actually come first in the classpath, because maven builds the tree doing a depth first traversal (This appears to be fixed in 2.0.9 http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1412).  So jboss-logging-jdk needs to be excluded from the ejb3 dep tree in the AS dependencies.

So the important bit is to make sure we fix those duplicate imports.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137521#4137521

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137521