[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: Scope of the Proxy Component

wolfc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 14 05:41:13 EDT 2008

We have a requirement that states: 'Given deployment X proxies must show up in global JNDI under x/y.'

Clearly it is the responsibility of the proxy component to satisfy this requirement, so the test is a post condition for the component.

The fact that proxy has delegated the JNDI naming function to jboss-metadata for integration with client is a low level detail. It does not absolve proxy of its responsibility.

As long as the above requirement is not met (/ test fails) proxy is at fault and because of the delegation jboss-metadata might be at fault as well. So we must have tests in jboss-metadata to ascertain its correctness and the same goes for proxy.

The only discussion point I see is that it's not an unit test. In this I say that we want to have incremental integration, so that faults are spotted earlier than the full integration test (which also takes a bit more time). Ergo proxy must pass this test.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150657#4150657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150657