[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Maximum path length easly exceeded (Repost)

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 08:25:32 EST 2009

I can't just store destinations on a TXT. If the user is creating and deleting destinations very frequently (say temporary destinations), when routing we will be creating too many entires on the TXT.

Besides the TXT could be easily broken by crashes. That's why I have used the journal.

What took some time yesterday was creating the directory lazily... not adding a record on the Journal, and replacing the journal by a TXT on that part would be the same complexity. On the process I had screwed up one thing and it took me some time to figure out.

What I have done was only create the entry when it was in page mode, and remove the destinations from the storage as soon as it left the page-mode.

I don't think a simpler solution as you suggest would be the best idea because of the first point I'm raising here.

I will come  online to discuss this in 30 min

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199759#4199759

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199759