[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: MutableClassInfo?

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 26 10:42:27 EST 2009

Why do all these MutableX take MutableY as parameters?
e.g.

  | public interface MutableMethodInfo extends MethodInfo
  | {
  |    void setReturnType(MutableClassInfo returnType);

Why would you force a MutableY as a return type?

"stale.pedersen at jboss.org" wrote :
  | The usage of the Class parameter needs to be removed, internal methods using it will just use the CtClass object.

How does this effect the (weak type) cache?

"stale.pedersen at jboss.org" wrote :
  | The question is the method getType(), can we just remove it altogether? -its been marked as deprecated.

You can, but then you have to fix all MC code. :-)
Unfortunately we have quite a few places where we use it.
MDR, Kernel, ...

"stale.pedersen at jboss.org" wrote :
  | Is there a reason why the JMI constructor is public? if not it should be set to package protected.

Add a TODO, so we fix this with the future minor release,
where we can break the api. :-)

"stale.pedersen at jboss.org" wrote :
  | We need functionality to get the method signature from a method. This could be implemented in a utilclass, but i would rather see it added to the MethodInfo interface.

Signature API is part of MDR sub-project.

"stale.pedersen at jboss.org" wrote :
  | We might also need a method like ClassInfo.getClassLoader(), but i guess Kabir/Adrian know more about that.

I guess if you have a permission check you're fine?

"stale.pedersen at jboss.org" wrote :
  | Javassist have a lot of functionality to create new methods/constructors/etc that i dont think we need to support directly in MCI, but rather create some util classes to do that. Im thinking of classes/methods like: CtNewMethod.copy/abstractMethod/getter/setter/delegator/etc.

This can come in when ever you have the time, it's a feature not a task.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204741#4204741

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204741