[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Large Messages and the JMS Bridge

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 22 12:36:43 EDT 2009

This is a discussion for https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1601

Once you received a LargeMessage, as soon as you consume another message you can't move back to an already received message.

This is explained at 22.6 on the user' s doc:

http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta3/html/large-messages.html#d0e3733

But it happens that the JMS Bridge is caching messages, and it needs to eventually go back and reprocess messages.

I was looking around the code, and I can think of two options to fix it:

- Ressurrect the option for FileConsumers.
  (This would be optional. and all could be controlled within the LargeMessageBuffer).
  This would be a good option for users caching messages in other scenarios. And this is my preferred option.

- Make the JMSBridge aware of LargeMessages. I could have some JMS property identifying a message as LargeMessage, and the JMSBridge won't cache those messages.

- Make the user to turn of caching on the bridge. (I don't like this option. I would prefer the Bridge dealing with it automatically).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245368#4245368

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245368