[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Potential Netty problem with synchronously closing conne

trustin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 12 02:07:53 EDT 2009

I have made the proof-of-concept modification on Netty that suspends ServerSocket.accept() when the number of connections reaches a certain threshold, and it seems to make the ConnectionTest.testManyConnections() pass according to Tim.

I'm currently designing more generic interface that allows you to:

  * suspend / resume ServerSocket.accept()
  * close the accepted connection immediately
  * close the accepted connection immediately with a good bye (e.g. 'server busy', 'go away') message

The point of this modification is to prune malicious connections as early as possible so that the server does not run out of file descriptors and to temporarily suspend ServerSocket.accept() if necessary.  Therefore, a time-consuming tasks cannot be executed in this context.

Please let me know if you like it or not.  If not, let me know what features are missing.

Thanks in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4230272#4230272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4230272