[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS Development] - Re: Graceful Shutdown

emuckenhuber do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 26 08:17:47 EST 2009

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : But I want to clarify some re: my understanding of the acceptor and how it ties in to deployment stages.

  | AIUI, an acceptor is not scoped to a connector. It's scoped to the thing that handles requests for a particular component (a webapp, and EJB). In Tomcat terms, it would be the first thing in the webapp-specific Pipeline that results in a call on the servlet.

Yes that's what's my understanding of an acceptor is as well, but it seems we are talking about different issues :)

AFAIR you briefly looked at the xml profile configuration prototype i did almost a year ago. The concept behind this is that all this sub-profiles are activated (deployed) before we move on to the user 'deploy' folder - to make sure that all deployers are started, installed and registered at the mainDeployer. Additionally you should combine deployer and runtime services into one consistent profile description (incl. the acceptor).

This would also mean that e.g. acceptor.start() will be called before even looking at the user deploy folder.

Doing a brief research - in the TomcatService there is a handleNotification, which actually starts and stops the connectors. So the question is if the acceptor interface should also specify a contract for this. Otherwise we could end up opening ports without any user application installed, as this is something MC also does not know about.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267662#4267662

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267662