[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss Messaging Development] - Re: Compatibility with JGroups 2.8

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 25 07:49:51 EDT 2009

This is not an API change in JGroups. Rather it's that JGroups users (AS, JBC, JBM) have been abusing the API by casting the type exposed by the API to an internal implementation class. (OK, in the code patched below there wasn't an explicit cast, but the effect was the same.)

I personally would love to see hornetq replace JBM. My understanding from Jason is a lot of the management stuff in the AS in pretty intimately tied to JBM, making the switch not practical for AS 5.2.

BTW, when is hornetq going to replace JBM in AS trunk? (5.2 will come off of AS Branch_5_x).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257062#4257062

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257062