[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - Re: Thoughts on filesystem action driven hot deployment

Brian Stansberry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 12 15:40:47 EDT 2011

Brian Stansberry [http://community.jboss.org/people/brian.stansberry] created the discussion

"Re: Thoughts on filesystem action driven hot deployment"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/599649#599649

> Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
> -when a file ".dodeploy" is detected: will the server (no matter what state the app has) redeploy it and afterwards delete this file? E.g. in ".isfailed" state, the app would then be redeployed when the ".isfailed" file is deleted ANd when a ".dodeploy" file is created? The ".dodeploy" file will be deleted when the redeploy starts?

If auto-deploy is enabled, yes, either removing the .failed file or adding a .dodeploy file will trigger deployment. Putting down a .dodeploy is equivalent to invoking a command; we'll try and carry out the command.

The .dodeploy file is deleted when the operation either succeeds or fails.
> -when is an app added to "standalone.xml"? When deployed successfully AND when deployed with errors?

The scanner tells the management layer to do the deployment but to roll it back if the deployment layer reports a failure. So if it the deployment layer reports a failure, the deployment should not appear in standalone.xml..

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]