[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - Data Source Configuration in AS 7

Terrence Curran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 9 15:43:19 EDT 2011

Terrence Curran [http://community.jboss.org/people/teacurran] commented on the document

"Data Source Configuration in AS 7"

To view all comments on this document, visit: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16657#comment-6984

why was the ability to deploy *-ds.xml datasources removed?  In JBoss 6 we have an ant script that copies .war files and -ds.xml files to remote servers and they are deployed just fine without having to do anything specific to configure the jboss installation.  With this method, it seems we have to go into each server and maintain it's configuration for what apps are going to be deployed.

@DataSourceDefinition seems problamatic because it makes it very difficult for us to deploy the same war file to test, stage, and production.

It looks like we can also put the datasource in web.xml, but then we loose JTA container management, correct?

this seems like such a simple thing but could be a deal breaker for us, since jboss6 and glassfish both let us easily deploy datasources.