[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - Re: Thoughts on filesystem action driven hot deployment

Dimitris Andreadis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 21 06:11:53 EDT 2011

Dimitris Andreadis [http://community.jboss.org/people/dimitris] created the discussion

"Re: Thoughts on filesystem action driven hot deployment"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594420#594420

> jaikiran pai wrote:
>
> One final question:
>
> > 2) Reliable auto-deploy of exploded content is not possible. As a safety aid I will use the scanning code from 1) to check any nested jars, but that doesn't make it reliable.
> So triggering a deployment of exploded content (with the auto-deploy flag set to ZIPPED) would require a .dodeploy marker right? I have no issues with using a marker for this specific case - just want to understand the expected behaviour.
I think Brian meant a .dodeploy marker will be needed if the setting is NONE. If the setting is ZIPPED it will look for a change in any nested zipped archive.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]