[jboss-dev-forums] [PicketBox Development] - JBoss AS7 : Security Domain Model

Anil Saldhana do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 18 12:27:58 EDT 2011

Anil Saldhana [http://community.jboss.org/people/anil.saldhana] created the document:

"JBoss AS7 : Security Domain Model"

To view the document, visit: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16811

+*ARTICLE In PROGRESS*+

JBoss AS 7.0 and beyond come with a new domain model where the configuration for the entire Application Server is centralized. This article will highlight the domain model settings for Security.
h2.
h2. Locations of the domain model
h3.
h3. Standalone Configuration

standalone/configuration/standalone.xml

Example of the security domain model

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:security:1.0">
    <security-domains>
        <security-domain name="other">
            <authentication>
                <login-module code="UsersRoles" flag="required" />
            </authentication>
        </security-domain>
    </security-domains>
    <security-properties>
      <property name="a" value="b" />
      <property name="c" value="d" />
    </security-properties>
</subsystem>

In the above example, we are defining a block for Security Domains.  In this case, we define a security domain "other". Underneath, we define the login module (UsersRolesLoginModule). Remember, we do not need to specify the fully qualified name of the login module.

We also define a block for properties that are set on +*java.security.Security*+.

Comment by going to Community
[http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16811]

Create a new document in PicketBox Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=102&containerType=14&container=2088]