[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - Re: Remote client access with database login module: user name and password are UUIDs

Daniel Jipa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 16 05:07:29 EDT 2012

Daniel Jipa [https://community.jboss.org/people/danjee] created the discussion

"Re: Remote client access with database login module: user name and password are UUIDs"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724248#724248

Seems like all remote calls have to be authenticated by remoting-connector.
This is the key  <connector name="remoting-connector" socket-binding="remoting" security-realm="TutorialRealm"/> where whole jboss ejb remote access is tied to a single app realm. Seems like a mess. If you have multiple apps on the same server with own security, maintaining acces to them with remote client is going to be nightmare.

My workaround for this was to put a jar file with a dummy login module that just let authentication requests pass, considering that other security-domains are enabled in EJBs.

Application login module must have <module-option name="password-stacking" value="useFirstPass"/> to piggy back on cached Principal/Credentials

That didn't work for me in JBoss 7.1.1. Do I miss other configurations for making cache to work ?

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]