[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - Exception "llegalArgumentException: Null path " occured

s ls do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 16 05:12:19 EDT 2012

s ls [https://community.jboss.org/people/sunls] created the discussion

"Exception "llegalArgumentException: Null path " occured"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724249#724249

I deployed a seam2's application in JBoss AS 7. Exception "llegalArgumentException: Null path " occured.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null path
    at org.jboss.vfs.VFS.getChild(VFS.java:187) [jboss-vfs-3.1.0.Final.jar:3.1.0.Final]
    at org.jboss.vfs.VFS.getChild(VFS.java:173) [jboss-vfs-3.1.0.Final.jar:3.1.0.Final]
    at org.jboss.vfs.VFS.getChild(VFS.java:154) [jboss-vfs-3.1.0.Final.jar:3.1.0.Final]
    at org.jboss.seam.integration.jbossas.vfs.VFSScanner.getRoot(VFSScanner.java:36) [jboss-seam-int.jar:6.0.0.GA]
    at org.jboss.seam.integration.jbossas.vfs.VFSScanner.scanResources(VFSScanner.java:114) [jboss-seam-int.jar:6.0.0.GA

I made a module my.service. The module have a resource my_service.jar. In my_service.jar's root path, there is a seam.properties file.
So  seam search seam.properties, my_service.jar is found. But,  url is like:
jar:file:/D:/opt/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/modules/kss/service/main/kss_services.jar!/seam.properties
In VFS.getChild method, url.toURI().getPath() is null. "llegalArgumentException: Null path " occured. Why is getPath() method's return null?

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]