[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Consume a web service from another web service

florentine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 17 22:24:09 EDT 2012

florentine [https://community.jboss.org/people/florentine] created the discussion

"Consume a web service from another web service"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724513#724513

Hi all,
I'm new to the web service world so I apologize for my naive question.

I created a very basic web service that I am able to successfully call from a web client. What I want to do now is to create a second web service that uses the service exposed by the first one to provide its own functionality.

These are my classes/web services:

*HelloWorld.java (External Web Service)*
{code}
package hw1;

import javax.jws.WebService;
import javax.jws.WebMethod;
import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding;
import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding.Style;

@WebService
@SOAPBinding(style = Style.RPC)
public interface HelloWorld {

    @WebMethod String getHiWorld();
}
{code}

*HelloWorldImpl.java*
{code}
package hw1;

import hw2.HelloWorld2;

import javax.jws.WebMethod;
import javax.jws.WebService;
import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceRef;

@WebService(serviceName = "HelloWorldService", name = "HelloWorld")
public class HelloWorldImpl implements HelloWorld {

    @WebServiceRef(type = HelloWorld2.class)
    private HelloWorld2Service service;

    @Override
    @WebMethod
    public String getHiWorld() {
        HelloWorld2 port = service.getHelloWorld2Port();
        return "Hi World" + port.getHiWorld();

    }

}
{code}

*HelloWorld2.java (Internal Web Service)*

{code}
package hw2;

import javax.jws.WebService;
import javax.jws.WebMethod;
import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding;

@WebService
@SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
public interface HelloWorld2 {

    @WebMethod String getHiWorld();
}
{code}

*HelloWorld2Impl.java*
{code}
package hw2;

import javax.jws.WebMethod;
import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService(serviceName="HelloWorld2Service", name="HelloWorld2")
public class HelloWorld2Impl implements HelloWorld2 {

    @Override
    @WebMethod
    public String getHiWorld() {
            return " again!";

    }

public HelloWorld2Impl (){}
}
{code}

The error I get is that in HelloWorld.java, the HelloWorld2Service cannot be resolved to a type.
I am developing with Eclipse Indigo, I'm using JBOSS 7 AS, and I have the Java 1.7 installed on my pc.

Thanks in advance for any help or hint you can provide.

Filippo

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]