[JBoss-dev] JBAS-1841 - There is no spoon

Adrian Brock adrian_brock at jboss.org
Thu Aug 3 13:11:38 EDT 2006

In another attempt to weed MCF code from codebase :-)
the JMX ServiceController has now been replaced by a
Microcontainer facade.

A more complete description of the status can be found here:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=88071

Please report problems as either subtasks on the JIRA issue:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1841
or create a thread in the POJO forum
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=208

FAQ:

Q: Does this mean JMX is no longer supported?
A: No, JMX is another context type in the generic dependency
controller. There are now two types, JMX and POJO
that will be able to cross inject dependencies amongst
themselves.

Q: Do I need to convert my MBeans to POJOs?
A: No the whole of this is to support in the new POJO
environment both JBoss developers and users who have written MBeans
as integration into JBossAS. This provides backwards
compatibility.

Q: My MBean no longer works properly?