[JBoss-dev] common project structure changes

Ruel Loehr ruel.loehr at jboss.com
Tue Aug 15 14:13:16 EDT 2006

We’ve been working on the file structure of the jboss common project and are now ready to merge the changes back into the trunk.   The changes are substantial, so I want to make sure everyone is clear before I commit them in.

Currently the common project consists of 1 source tree which creates 4 artifacts:

Jboss-archive-browsing.jar

Jboss-common.jar

Jboss-common-client.jar

Namespace.jar

The project has been refactored in a branch (HYPERLINK "https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/branches/logging_refactoring/"https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/branches/logging_refactoring/ )

It has been broken into 5 projects

Common-core

Common-logging-jdk

Common-logging-log4j

Common-logging-spi

Jbossxb

Each of these projects builds a single jar.   A maven build has been setup for each of these projects.  The idea behind these changes is to cleanly separate each project into its own entity.

After these changes are committed, binaries will be published to the repository for all projects and then they will be integrated to jbossAS/trunk.

These changes apply only to the trunk version, not the 4.0 branch.

Thoughts or concerns?

Ruel Loehr

JBoss QA