[JBoss-dev] InstanceAlreadyExistsExceptionafterundeployandrepeated deploy in JBoss AS 5.0.0 Beta

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 12:19:41 EDT 2006

jboss-development-bounces at lists.jboss.org wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 15:49 +0200, Adrian Brock wrote:
>> Also, this change causes "problems" for web deployments (looks like
>> they being unregistered from the MBeanServer rather than being
>> removed from the ServiceController?):
>>

> Yep. And I've fixed this as well.

So, before ServiceController.remove() was cleaning up after people, and
now the new implementation is again.  And you just fixed an issue where
it would complain if people had already cleaned up after themselves :)

If need be my mom used to clean up after me, but she also trained me to
clean up after myself (well, kinda). So, seems like if
EjbModule.createService() is going to call registerMBean(),
EjbModule.destroyService() should call unregisterMBean().

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
Ph: 510-396-3864