[JBoss-dev]InstanceAlreadyExistsExceptionafterundeployandrepeateddeployin JBoss AS 5.0.0 Beta

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 15:42:14 EDT 2006

I think my 'Mom' analogy was a bad idea, as I'm losing track of the real
meaning of the conversation :) My post was that way too.

1) Having the new implementation clean up after people is good.  I
didn't mean to imply it wasn't.
2) Jason, are you proposing that if Controller unregisters an MBean it
didn't register, it should complain a bit (i.e. log a WARN or
something)?
3) IMHO having EjbModule call registerMBean and then not clean up after
itself is bad.  Does anyone who is more familiar with EJB 2 deployments
see any reason not to call unregisterMBean() in
EjbModule.destroyService()? (Harder alternative is figure out how to get
rid of the registerMBean call in createService()).

I'll shut up now; probably this is something that will be sorted as part
of updating the deployers. My concern was getting the HA-JNDI unit test
working, which Adrian kindly did :)