[JBoss-dev] common project structure changes

Dimitris Andreadis dimitris at jboss.org
Thu Aug 24 06:25:51 EDT 2006

I think we need to clean-up the status of the common project, a bit.

We have in repository a common project with versions, none of which is
tracked in JIRA (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCOMMON)

snapshot-Branch_4_0
snapshot
1.0.2
1.0.1

- Out of which trunck/branch were the versions 1.0.1, 1.0.2 produced?

- I've renamed the common Branch_4_0 to Branch_1_0 as we originally
discussed. From this we'll produce jboss-common 1.0.0.CR1 (for jboss
4.0.5.CR1), so the repository versions 1.0.1, 1.0.2 should not really be
there. I need to update the jboss project and repository accordingly.

(I would even argue we could keep the common stuff of Branch_4_0 inside
the application server module, if nobody else is using it?)

- The refactored common version that will go to jboss head should be
2.0.0.x, right?

- I guess we don't need in the common module all those branches & tags
carried over from jboss? The history is stored in the jboss module
anyway.

- With the latest break-up, jboss xb could really be on its own.