[JBoss-dev] Re: JBAS-3272

Tom Elrod tom at jboss.org
Fri Aug 25 12:04:38 EDT 2006

I don't know of any critical bugs in remoting 1.4.3 that were fixed in
remoting 2.0.0 (but there are well over 150 jira issues resolved between
the two, so can't say for sure).

Guess there is no point in holding up the jbossws and jbossas release,
but if make the following code changes within jbossws 1.0.3:

1. Call Client.connect() immediately after constructing the Client
2. Add the 'NoThrowOnError' on config

And I add the Connector.xml back into 2.0.0.GA release (which I was
planning on releasing this weekend), then would be able to replace
jbossws 1.0.3 with previous versions with out having to replace previous
remoting version (meaning is backwards compatible).  Even if didn't add
Connector.xml in 2.0.0.GA release, removing the xmbean-dd attribute from
deployment config (i.e.
xmbean-dd="org/jboss/remoting/transport/Connector.xml") would still work
when using remoting 1.4.x releases (as was converted to standard mbean
long time ago, but just now removing the Connector.xml in the remoting
2.0.0 release).

Either way (change jbossws 1.0.3 release or wait for changes in jboss
1.0.4 release) is fine by me and will plan on releasing remoting
2.0.0.GA this weekend.