[JBoss-dev] Log4j ugrade?

Dimitris Andreadis dimitris at jboss.org
Tue Jul 25 11:11:21 EDT 2006

Should we consider upgrading log4j? Any obvious reasons not to upgrade?

We are at <componentref name="apache-log4j" version="1.2.8"/>

And the latest is:

log4j version 1.2.13

Log4j version 1.2.13 contains several bug fixes related to the TRACE
level introduced in version 1.2.12 and a fix in the ConsoleAppender for
a bug that affected JBoss.

The next major release of log4j will be version 1.3. It will contain
many new features and changes, and if you have written custom code, it
may need to be modified to work with it. Please see the document
entitled preparing for log4j 1.3 for a more detailed discussion.

See also
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3316