[jboss-dev] jboss-minimal-tests problem

Jaroslaw Kijanowski jaroslaw.kijanowski at jboss.com
Mon Oct 16 06:17:48 EDT 2006

Hello,
 during the testsuite run, there is always (in head, jboss4,
 jboss 3.2.7) one error during the jboss-minimal-tests:
This can be found in the server.log:

2006-10-12 17:58:35,109 DEBUG [org.jboss.naming.NamingService] Error writing response to /127.0.0.1
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(ObjectOutputStream.java:1676)

 For some AS versions, this error prevents the testsuite to continue,
 for some not.

 This error occurs in the following section:
 jboss\naming\src\main\org\jnp\server\Main.java

private class BootstrapRequestHandler implements Runnable
   {
   .
   .
   .
   OutputStream os = socket.getOutputStream();
   ObjectOutputStream out = new ObjectOutputStream(os);
   out.writeObject(serverStub); <- this cause the Exception
   out.close();
   .
   .

 I can eliminate this, by replacing BOTH lines:

   ObjectOutputStream out = new ObjectOutputStream(os);
   out.writeObject(serverStub); <- this cause the Exception

 with
   os.write(123);

This makes the test running fine, but it's nonsense. Or does it mean,
that this part of code isn't needed anymore?

Can anybody tell me, where the written object is received? I couldn't find
an appropriate code. Only this:

jboss\naming\src\main\org\jnp\interfaces\NamingContext.java

static Naming getServer(String host, int port, Hashtable serverEnv)
      throws NamingException
   {
   .
   .
   .
         // Get stub from naming server
         BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(s.getInputStream());
         ObjectInputStream in = new ObjectInputStream(bis);
         MarshalledObject stub = (MarshalledObject) in.readObject();
         server = (Naming) stub.get();

         s.close();
   .
   .
   .

But this method is never called during the minimal-tests.

Any ideas?

--
Best regards,
 Jarek