[jboss-dev] Releasing JBoss 4 with the latest versions of AOP, Remoting, Serialization, etc.

Scott M Stark scott.stark at jboss.org
Fri Oct 20 18:17:02 EDT 2006

With the exception of serialization, only users of these classes are
jbossws, messaging and ejb3. Serialization is now part of the core
transport, so its version has to remain backward compatible with the
existing releases.

The aop and remoting versions need to be coordinated between jbossws,
messaging and ejb3 releases. The theory of backward compatible releases
is irrelevant. Either compatibility is demonstrated from the client api
ala the compatibility testsuite, or they can't go into the 4.0.x branch.
The existing messaging compatibility tests would need to be updated to
ensure there are no jbossmq dependencies as well as expanded to pickup
any leakage of these dependencies on the client side.