[jboss-dev] jbossas/aspects not building for me

Scott M Stark scott.stark at jboss.org
Thu Oct 26 14:17:00 EDT 2006

Even if I set the source target to 1.5, there is a problem with the
org.jboss.aop.Domain class in the
jboss-aop-jdk50.jar coming from the 2.0.0.alpha1 version not having the
required ctor:

    [javac] Compiling 201 source files to
/home/svn/JBossHead/jboss-head/aspects/output/classes
    [javac]
/home/svn/JBossHead/jboss-head/aspects/src/main/org/jboss/aop/deployment/ScopedClassLoaderDomain.java:51:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor
Domain(org.jboss.aop.AspectManager,java.lang.String,boolean)
    [javac] location: class org.jboss.aop.Domain
    [javac]       super(manager, name, parentFirst);

[starksm at succubus lib]$ javap -classpath jboss-aop-jdk50.jar
org.jboss.aop.Domain
Compiled from "Domain.java"
public class org.jboss.aop.Domain extends org.jboss.aop.AspectManager{
    protected org.jboss.aop.AspectManager parent;
    protected boolean parentFirst;
    protected boolean inheritsDeclarations;
    protected boolean inheritsBindings;
    public org.jboss.aop.Domain(org.jboss.aop.AspectManager, boolean);
    public void setInheritsDeclarations(boolean);

I have to use the current snapshot version to get this to compile.