[JBoss-dev] Re: JBossMQ in JBoss5

Adrian Brock adrian_brock at jboss.org
Sat Sep 16 04:55:18 EDT 2006

Encouragement is fine.
But telling a contributor that his work is useless is not.

Especially when that reason is based on irrelevant
JBoss.com development policy that doesn't affect them.

I already promised him that the work could go in JBoss4
once he had it working and tested in JBoss5.

Converting JBossMQ deployments to JBoss Messaging
deployments is not an option for everybody.

Forcing such a conversion would just leave certain
users/customers stuck with JBoss4.

Supporting JBossMQ within JBoss5 is no different
to supporting JBossMQ within JBoss4 since it is
the same codebase.

I expect the market to decide that JBoss Messaging
is better than JBossMQ (it already is, even before
the upcoming clustering features)
and the number of JBossMQ users will gradually diminish to zero.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock