[jboss-dev] My logging ultimatum

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 09:20:12 EST 2007

You still miss the point. I'm not wrong. :-)

Forcing people to use the JDK api (broken)
because you don't like 3 jars (working)
isn't a solution to the problem.

The deadlocking problems can only get worse
in the delegating LogManager solution.
You now have competing synchronization
strategies, e.g. jdk and log4j

Conclusion: An unstable server is not a valid
trade-off to fix some aethestic considersation
about distributing a few small jars.