[jboss-dev] My logging ultimatum

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 10:48:05 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 15:38 +0000, Tim Fox wrote:
> +100 to David on this.

It's a good job we do things based on merit rather than votes
at JBoss.

> The point here is about reducing number of dependencies. Another
> meta-framework (like jboss common logging) is not a good solution IMHO.
> This is particular important for OEMs who may want to use our project
> embedded in their own applications (this is what we intend to do for JBM2)

Irrelevant, they've already got to add jboss-messaging-client.jar

Reducing dependencies to me is just an excuse for NIH syndrome.

> If JDK logging can allow you to delegate to you log tool of choice by
> deploy time configuration, and the bugs in JDK logging are only bugs in
> the JDK logging implementation which you can bypass anyway, then we
> should all be using JDK logging surely.
>
> I'm certainly going to look at refactoring JBM to use JDK logging.

And answer all the support cases, forum faqs and bug reports? :-)

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock