[jboss-dev] JBAS-4548 - Breaks the testsuite

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 14:58:40 EST 2007

Adrian Brock wrote:
> Brian,
>
> You created this test:
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4548
>
> org.jboss.test.deployers.ear.test.EmbeddedDatasourceUnitTestCase
>
> The test actually passes for me, I'm assuming it should
> fail with whatever problem you were seeing?

It passes for me now as well. It tests declaring an ejb jar in
application.xml and a datasource in jboss-app.xml.  Before the ejb jar
would always deploy first and fail due to the missing datasource. Now
the datasource deploys first.

> Or the problem has been fixed.

Or something has changed so the ds now deploys first, but there still
isn't a real dependency established between the ejb deployment and the
datasource -- i.e. it works because we're lucky.  The test isn't the
greatest because it can't distinguish the two.  But at least this sort
of deployment works now.

> BUT....
>
> It breaks the remaining tests, since it appears to be
> shutting down hypersonic when it is undeployed:

That was a screw up on my part; the datasource should just be pointing
at the existing hypersonic but the file unnecessarily included an mbean
to create its own hypersonic.  That is fixed.

If you deploy an ear and a module inside it fails to deploy, does that
immediately abort processing of the rest of the ear deployment? I'm
wondering why I didn't notice the hypersonic problem before -- was I
blind or did the original ejb deployment problem prevent deploying the
duplicate hypersonic?

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering