[jboss-dev] My logging ultimatum

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 09:34:50 EST 2007

Bela Ban wrote:
> Why don't we do this for JBossCache and PojoCache (with quite some deps)
> already ?

We could look at it. There are 2 disadvantages to doing it:

1) License compatibility (have to make sure deps have compatible licenses)
2) A fatter jar

> Because the embeded JARs might conflict with the user's copies
> (different versions) ?

It solves this by doing package translation. For example org.apache.foo
becomes org.jgroups.thirdparty.foo.

> BTW: I'm really looking forward to Java 7's java feature which let's you
> list directories with JARs, rather than the  individual JARs

Amen. Something that should have been there long ago.

--
Jason T. Greene