[jboss-dev] Re: Holiday Gift : JBoss Application Server 5.0.0.Beta3

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 12:22:02 EST 2007

A great holiday gift, indeed!

A very quick note to thank and congratulate everybody on this accomplishment. It put a limit
to something that felt like a never ending refactoring effort and for once we can see the
light at the end of the tunnel.

A big lesson for me has been that we definitely need to work on improving the relationship
of AS with all the satellite jboss projects. The jboss projects need to have a person
looking into integration and testing of their project in AS. They should take a more active
and especially pro-active role in the AS development, participate in AS calls, testsuite
fixing and monitoring. Otherwise, it just doesn't scale out and we end up wasting so much
energy for doing the obvious.

So thanks again, especially to those that lost their sleep for the last couple of weeks. Go
rest and enjoy your holidays, because coming back on January 2nd we have a lot of work to
do. The JIRA is full of CR1 issues and there are only 5 working weeks before JBW.

Happy Xmas!
/Dimitris

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dimitris Andreadis