[jboss-dev] Integration SPI for portal

Julien Viet julien at jboss.com
Wed Jul 4 10:00:32 EDT 2007

I want to determine if we need to define an integration SPI for the
portal project:

Portlet container implementations have to modify web archives in
order to have portlet application deployed transparently (that is
without requiring a pre modification of the web archive). The
modifications can consist in modifying the web.xml, add a tld file.
Also the portlet container service needs to be aware of all
registered web applications by maintaining a registry usually by
receiving events that signal deploy and undeploy.

JavaEE does not offer solution today for this problem and we need
that feature in the most portable way.

What do you think ?

Julien Viet
JBoss Portal Project Lead
Red Hat Inc.

http://jbossportal.blogspot.com/

Red Hat France SARL, 171 Avenue Georges Clemenceau, 92024 Nanterre
Cedex, France.
Siret n° 421 199 464 00056