[jboss-dev] Re: slf4j

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Jul 6 03:35:07 EDT 2007

It can be confusing. When I looked at it some time ago I noted down:

slf4j is the logging facade, that can have back-ends:

- nop
- simple logger
- java.util.logging
- log4j
- logback (former nlog4j, successor to log4j)

Then there are the drop-in replacement libraries:

a) jcl104-over-slf4j, drop-in replacement for Jakarta Commons Logging over slf4j
b) log4j-over-slf4j, drop-in replacement for log4j over slf4j

It seems you can have all sorts of combinations.