[jboss-dev] Oops, javax.naming.spi.* is dependent on Hashtable, this will make it difficult to change the JBoss jndi naming service to use ConcurrentHashMap instead of Hashtable...

Scott Marlow scott.marlow.opensource at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:36:12 EDT 2007

I wrote a few months ago about changing the jndi implementation to use
ConcurrentHashMap instead of Hashtable.  This is to fix a concurrency
bottleneck in org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext (I'm seeing 2-3 second
object lock contention on instance variable "
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.env".  Unfortunately, the interface
javax.naming.Context is dependent on Hashtable and NamingContext has to
implement Context.

There are also many other dependencies on Hashtable in the
javax.naming.spi package.

I'll try to hack around the dependencies.

I don't have a question but just sharing my status on this attempt.

Scott