[jboss-dev] Zip sources as artifacts

Ian Springer ian.springer at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 11:20:56 EDT 2007

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> Do we really need to include the .zip sources as artifacts in the
> component-info's ?
>
> It takes long to download and it's not used.
>
> (or, it doesn't matter now if we move to maven2?)
Maven2 does have a convention for optionally supplying source and
javadoc jars for a jar in a repo (as an example, see
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-io/1.3.2/). The
idea and eclipse maven plugins provide an option to pull down the source
and javadoc jars for all deps and including them in the generated
project/module file for a pom.