[jboss-dev] Re: your opinion on an EAR/JBoss issue (maven ear plugin)

Adrian abrock at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 13:16:38 EDT 2007

AFAIK, this will actually work, but I don't think it is supposed to?

JBoss will only deploy stuff that is listed in application.xml or
jboss-app.xml but it doesn't actually check that the listed
deployment matches the specified type.

Only the <web/> (context-root) and <java/> (potentially
could be added to some available list of client applications
for download) tags have any real semantics assocation with them.

e.g. this would probably also work :-)

<application>
   <module>
      <web><web-uri>mydatasource-ds.xml</web-uri></web>
   </module>
</application>

I'd imagine we will probably make this more strict in some future
release.

So for future compatibility, the correct mechanism for non-spec
deployments is to add a META-INF/jboss-app.xml

<jboss-app>
   <module>
      <service>mydatasource-ds.xml</service>
   </module>