[jboss-dev] Remoting 3.0

Ron Sigal ron.sigal at jboss.com
Sun Jun 17 03:46:16 EDT 2007

Hi Carlo,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.  An
org.jboss.remoting.Client has an identity, the sessionId, which is
included in the InvocationRequest.  But Client doesn't really map to an
InetAddress.  The socket transport, for example, maintains a pool of TCP
connections, each with a different port.  Remoting could supply the
InetAddress of the connection used for a particular invocation, if
that's what you mean.  But note that that same connection could be used
by a different Client for a different invocation at any time.

-Ron