[jboss-dev] Going forward with JBoss AS 4.2.x

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Thu May 24 04:18:19 EDT 2007

Since the community 4.2.0.GA is out, we must now be *very* careful with what goes into
Branch_4_2

a) only bug fixing is allowed in Branch_4_2.

b) *no* new features or any other change that may introduce compatibility problems. Any
future 4.2.x release (4.2.1, 4.2.2) must be a drop-in replacement for 4.2.0. New development
will happen only in jboss HEAD, or a 4.4 branch if we decide that we need one.

c) Every commit must be accompanied by a JIRA tag. I've already seen 2 undocumented commits
in Branch_4_2.

At the moment we are making some minor adjustments in Branch_4_2, mostly in the testsuites,
before forking the supported platform branch, so please be very careful with your commits.

Thanks
/Dimitris