[jboss-dev] Re: AS5 testsuite cannot complete.

Ryan Campbell rcampbel at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 15:38:15 EST 2007

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> The following task was created to track this:
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4939

We are working with Brian today to track down this problem.

> Also, I would like QA's opinion whether the forced process.destroy()
> upon shutdown timeout has actually been tested. Does it work?
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2235

I don't think it works.  The problem is we don't have a good
replacement.  IE, a reliable, cross-platform way to manage and kill
processes from java. Does any exist which doesn't require native code?
My google search says no.  So unless someone beats me over the head with
an alternative, we'll keep calling process.destroy in vain.

But the real intent of JBAS-2235 is to fail the build upon server
shutdown failure which is not affected by the above discussion.  I'll
find someone to do it or <sigh> do it myself.

Ryan