[jboss-dev] jboss 5 dependencies

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:13:03 EST 2007

> Could you possibly be a little more helpful?

No. :-)

Not that we don't want to be, but integration is something each project
needs to know on its own how to do it.
And, yes, it far from trivial to do some decent integration.

> We have new team members who can hardly be expected to know what "jboss
> embedded" or "integration project" is unless you explain it.

Yup, embedded, see Bill's wiki. ;-)
But, if you do your integration right, embedded will then be a walk in
the park. ;-)

> In the absence of any wiki pages it's pretty hard to guess.
>
> If no-one gives any more pointers then we'll just have to carry on as
> we're doing now...

Sure.
But please do it in integration sense.
Take your time and see what all needs to plug-in into AS, and make it
interface/abstract.
The first version probably won't be perfect, but with each integration
release that you do, it will get better.

And whining about new members doesn't fit in. Integration is the notion
that should be obvious. It's just the abstraction that is hard, but
that's why you're here and not writing Struts2. ;-)