[jboss-dev] jboss 5 dependencies

Adrian abrock at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 09:56:04 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 14:42 +0000, Tim Fox wrote:
> JBM requires all those things - clearly our _runtime_ has no
> dependencies on concrete implementations, but for testing we need
> concrete implementations so we can run our tests, so we still need them
> exported from AS via the repository, like is done for AS 4.2.x

And I'm saying that is what jboss embedded should give you.
If you're using the integration project then it's just another
implementation of that spi.

> And, I beg you... don't suggest rewriting out test suite to work with
> mock versions of the dependencies.... (We had this conversation before).

Obviously, you can use both. My argument was
that testing against the real implementations in your testsuite
is not a replacement for real integration tests in the appserver.

And like I said before, if you just use the working implementations,
you aren't going to be able to test all sorts of error conditions
that mocks can produce, either on demand or at random.

You'll have software that runs fine until there are errors
you didn't expect or haven't encountered.
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock