[jboss-dev] Compiling JBoss Head with Java6

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 12:56:31 EST 2007

I've got JBoss Head compiling with Java6.

I managed to avoid using a preprocessor for the JDBC rar
but only by using reflection to decide which
version of the code is in the classpath, i.e. JDK5/JDK6

The reflection is only done once. but
there is more duplicate code that there would otherwise be.

e.g. WrappedPreparedStatementJDK6 can't extend
both WrappedPreparedStatement and WrappedStatementJDK6 :-)

I haven't implemented the Wrapper interface fully.
This will need a revisit where it needs to "recursively"
check whether the object we wrap is itself a wrapper.

I also "commented out" the DataSourceInterceptor in varia.
I didn't convert it to JDK6.

As far as I can tell, this is not included in the distribution,
not even in docs/examples/varia.
Alex you wrote this what is happening with this?
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock