[jboss-dev] JBAS-4520 - Removal of testsuite on old transaction project

Adrian abrock at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 09:02:52 EDT 2007

1) Don't test against the old transaction manager

WRT: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4520

I've now removed the testsuite dependency on the old
transaction project.

The testsuite now uses the integration project's
jboss-transaction-spi exclusively.

This means all tests are now run against the new transaction
manager.

Besides the TransactionLocal problem,
which was a corner case, I haven't found any new issues.

2) This also needs doing in 4.2.x

After the 4.2.2 release we should probably do the same thing
in the 4.2.x branch, but that means introducing a 4.2.x
branch of the integration spi and repeating the tidyup
of the testsuite and other code.

However, I think we should keep the old TxManager
for the 4.2.x branch since we have already shipped it
in previous releases.

3) Next step - MDB changes

The next step is cutting over to the JCA1.5 inbound
jms resource adapter:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4517
related EJB3 task:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4518

This requires introducing the start/stopDelivery()
api in the JBossMessageEndpointFactory MBean
and some default/testsuite configuration changes.

4) Broken tests

But given the state of the messaging tests in head
(mainly failing because destinations are not
getting bound into jndi), I'll have to cleanup
these tests first.

5) Removal of old transaction manager

Once the MDB changes are done, it just needs
Francisco to confirm the iiop changes are
complete:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4519

I noticed there are still recover and dtm
resources in the testsuite
http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/jbossas/trunk/testsuite/src/resources/
although the tests themselves are gone:
http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/jbossas?view=rev&revision=65820