[jboss-dev] Hostname problem when starting JB AS TRUNK

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 07:31:16 EDT 2007

Am I missing the point, or this is JDK code being executed (javax.management...). How
escaping the hostname could help?

java.net.MalformedURLException: Bad URL path: _laptop/jndi/rmi://tims_laptop:1090/jmxconnector
         at javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL.validate(JMXServiceURL.java:348)
         at javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL.<init>(JMXServiceURL.java:208)
         at
org.jboss.mx.remoting.service.JMXConnectorServerService.start(JMXConnectorServerService.java:106)

This looks like a non-issue to me. Better change your hostname :)