[jboss-dev] JBossAS 4.2.2.GA status

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 04:42:02 EDT 2007

We are very close to tagging the AS 4.2.2.GA release.

 From the JIRA
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10030&fixfor=12311522

We performed a jbossxb upgrade from 1.0.0.GA to 1.0.0.SP1 for
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4853

This includes:
JBXB-97 org.w3c.dom.Element is being mapped incorrectly
JBXB-105 switch from oswego to java.util concurrent
JBXB-103 JBossXB ignores non-ignorable white space
JBXB-96 JAXB error when using different derived types in the same container/array type

I don't see any regressions in the testsuites.

The only thing that is holding us is this:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4852
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBWS-1813

It needs to be either resolved ASAP, or deferred. Carlo and Thomas cooperate on this task.

TCK 1.4 should be fully passing now, but it is probably wise to do another run just after
JBAS-4852 is resolved/deferred and before releasing.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4754

There is also a task for including the jbossws testsuite in the AS release process
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4811

For both QA tasks, Rajesh is our man.

Let's finish with this release!

Thanks