[jboss-dev] Re: SerialVersion UID mismatch

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 16:00:27 EDT 2007

I checked the jbossws sources (jboss-jaxrpc.jar, jbossws-core-src.zip) and there is no
SerialVersionUID defined for those classes.

I don't think those exceptions are serialized between WS peers, so normally there shouldn't
be a problem. However, I remember we discussed this in the past and Ryan had some
objections, although I cannot find that post.

Scott had fixed that before, so there might be a reason for that:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2764?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:subversion-commits-tabpanel

So, it's either for Thomas to provide a jbossws 2.0.1.SP3 with a fix, or we change the test
to ignore the mismatch, and re-tag AS 4.2.2.GA