[jboss-dev] Why is common-core dependent on jboss-common-logging-spi 2.0.5-SNAPSHOT?

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Sun Apr 6 09:45:24 EDT 2008

I see you have done it already, but haven't checked-in the binaries?

I've started a new JIRA project because the versioning is different from JBoss Common:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBLOGGING

Next version would be 2.0.6.GA. There is the question how to version the spi independently
of the implementations. For simplicity and to avoid more JIRA projects/clutter we could
suffix the versions as they appear in the logging JIRA project only, not on the actual SVN
tags, e.g. 2.0.6.GA-spi, 2.0.7.GA-log4j, etc. The only gotcha is make sure to assign spi
related issues, to spi related releases, etc.

Also, if we really want to tidy this up:
- groupId should be org.jboss.logging
- artifactIds simplified to jboss-logging-spi, jboss-logging-jdk, jboss-logging-log4j

Finally, I don't see the purpose of the aggregate https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/build/

All 4 projects are versioned independently.